A Registered One-Place Study and part of the Dorset OPC Network
The lake was created in 1837 for the purpose of model-boat testing for the Admiralty.
This militaristic feel is heightened by the fort seen in the distance, a folly built
by Joseph Weld (who owned Lulworth Castle estate) in 1851
© Copyright Chris Downer and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence
Fort on The Lake
© Copyright Peter Elsdon and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence